I love french toast. It’s the pinnacle of my childhood where every Sunday morning is greeted with the smell of french toast cooking, with the occasional pancakes.
This, is a savory twist to everyone’s favorite breakfast. And it is my new favorite.
1 egg (makes 5 triangles of toast)
5 bread triangles
1 bunch spring onion, chopped
2 tbsp milk
Pat of butter
Salt & pepper for tasting
1. Whisk egg, salt, pepper, milk and spring onion in a bowl.
2. Prepare your bread slices.
3. Heat your skillet, place a pat of butter and wait until it has melted.
4. Dip a triangle into the egg mix, let it soak up all that egg goodness and place it onto the pan.
5. Let each side cook from about 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve hot with some chill sauce or bacon.
This has to be eaten immediamento! No keeping, otherwise the crispiness and yumminess would be gone! It’s tragic, but that’s french toast for you.
Have this with a side of bacon or chilli, mmmmmmm! Yummy!